2013 Umoja Festival Vendor information
1. All vendor and concessionaires must have a business license from the Commissioner of the Revenue prior to the festival.
2. All businesses selling food must register with Mrs. Gwen Thompson of the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office at (757) 393-8771 ext. 2120 and the Portsmouth Department of Health at (757) 393-8585 ext. 8576.
3. All local businesses are required to include a copy of their current business license for retail sales in the locality you operate your business in the State of Virginia when submitting the application. All businesses will be responsible for reporting taxes.
4. Electrical request is required for processing of application.
5. Any Concessionaire caught dumping grease/oil in the water drainage or on the grassy area will be asked to leave the festival and be suspended for 2 years from any festival activities with the City of Portsmouth and UMOJA Festival. NO refund will be granted.